St. James' Camera Club ®
July Meeting Minutes 2019
Meeting was held at the OC Arboretum - Outdoors
Once or twice a year we like to have an outdoor meeting, this year we all met at the Orange County Arboretum in Montgomery for a short meeting and photo shoot. It turned out to be a great evening.
· Renée called the meeting to order at 7:30
· Renée introduced a new member Lesia. Lesia contacted me via our web page and attended this meeting Yulia also connected with us via our web page – Welcome to our club.
· Currently, we have an exhibit at Glen Arden Retirement Center. We are looking into exhibiting at the Brotherhood Winery, Joe Fordham has a connection there. He will inquire about dates and help organize the event with Robin.
· Upcoming field trips:
o HVPPSNY is sponsoring a workshop August 5th with Jim LaSala and Clark Thompson, “On the Street & in the Air” Street Photography, includes opportunity to take photos of the streets of Newburgh and the Trapeze School. Reg. required by Aug 4th. Fee $50.00 pp.
· A Reminder: Wetransfer is the preferred upload to send us images. We also use the yogile.com Both are user friendly. Any questions call Renée.
· Another Reminder: The print competition has been postponed, due to availability of the judges. See http://drpp-ny.org/print-rules-2/ for typical competition rules. See http://drpp-ny.org/spring-2019/ Continue to get your photos ready - Please go to the site noted here for guidelines
· Calendar Submissions are due in August. Sale of the calendars proceeds will help pay for the overhead projector we need for the church additional money will go to the church.
· We will confirm how many calendars we need to purchase
· Theme images will be previewed at our Sept. meeting – Thank you for your submissions
Be sure to look for them on our web page along with some inspirational assignments.
· August: Paid Speaker: John Verner will be our guest speaker at our August Meeting – Bring your laptops.
· This is a paid speaker. Do your best to attend even if you don’t have a laptop, there is plenty to share with someone
John will demo his editing workflow along with you.
Cc: Jay Beaumont