May 2017 Meeting Minutes
• President Renée Zernitsky called the meeting to order at 7:09.
• She reminded everyone to upload their monthly images of fuzzy animals to the webpage. Contact her for instructions.
• The field trip to the OC Arboretum was a great event. Herb shared equipment and ideas for macro shooting.
• Member Pete Styczek will be moving toward South Carolina. We need someone to setup guest speakers.
• Next month’s speaker will be Matt Zeitler. See the Birding Orange County, NY page on Facebook.
• The St. James Church Sponsored Goshen Garden Tour will be June 17th. Traditionally, the club members have donated matted images as door prizes. Please give them directly to John Strobl. You may bring them to the next meeting.
• The Hanging at Glen Arden will be June 1st. Put you name on the photo you want to hang. Robin passed out a list.
• Fieldtrips: Mary – (Chairperson)
o Wickham Lake, May 17th at 6:00PM Wickham Lake is off of King’s Highway.
o Innesfree Gardens May 27th – open 1 hour before sunrise, which is about 5:30 Admission is $8.00
o Considering a trip to NY Botanical Gardens for the Chihuly Glass Exhibits. Would prefer to go during the week.
o Possible site - West Point Foundry Preserve near Cold Spring, Friday, June 2nd. Want to go during the week.
• Sheila Almond, Jack Miller and Jay Beaumont showed images taken in the US Southwest and Alaska.
Minutes by Jay Beaumont
Cc: President, Renée Zernitsky